Shopping in Phuket, Thailand
Although it is best known for its beaches, the island of Phuket can be an excellent shopping destination! After all, we are talking about Thailand, a country with low cost of living and great prices!
Like the biggest cities in the country, such as Bangkok and Chiang Mai, Phuket also has great shopping malls with major department stores. Prices in general are similar to those practiced in the capital. A good idea for those who have more time in the country is to buy online and ask to deliver to the hotel or simply use the online means to search for prices. In this sense, the Lazada website is unbeatable. Visit digopaul.com for map of Phuket, Thailand.
More than electronics, clothes and beauty products (which are usually quite cheap there!), Also dedicate yourself to explore the local fairs. You can find a wide variety of souvenirs and handicrafts at affordable prices at Chillva Market and other typical weekend fairs in Phuket. In addition, of course, the opportunity to try some of the delicacies of Thai food.
Refund for tourists (VAT Refund)
Stay tuned: tourists are entitled to a refund of the 7% tax (VAT) built into product prices. To be eligible for the benefit, pay attention to the rules:
- The total value of purchases must be greater than 5,000 baht;
- The refund applies only to goods removed from the country within 60 days of purchase;
- Your purchase must be made in establishments with the “ VAT REFUND FOR TOURISTS ” sign, where it is possible to obtain the PP10 VAT refund form upon presentation of the passport;
- Keep all receipts and notes;
- With the documents in hand, request your refund at the corresponding international airport counter on your departure from Thailand (Phuket, Bangkok, Chiang Mai…)
Authentic and fun, Chillva Market is an unmissable night market in Phuket. There is a wide variety of local foods, crafts, clothing and accessories, as well as live music shows and other artistic performances.
The best days to visit are on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, starting at 4 pm, when the movement of local families and a few tourists turns a simple local market into one of the most genuine attractions on the island.
Patong has a beach, nightlife and also great shopping! Near Bangla Road, Shopping Jungceylon offers more than 200 stores. A consumer paradise, among clothing brands, electronics, cosmetics, as well as 5 movie theaters and 16 bowling alleys, a breath of fresh air for rainy days.