According to Cellphoneexplorer.com, Pflugerville, Texas is a small city located in the Austin metropolitan area. It has a population of over 58,000 and is located in both Travis and Williamson counties. The geography of Pflugerville is mostly flat with some rolling hills and is situated on the Blackland Prairie. The climate is subtropical with hot summers and mild winters. It receives an average of 34 inches of rain annually.
The history of Pflugerville dates back to 1849 when German immigrant Henry Pfluger established a farmstead at what is now the corner of Main Street and Railroad Avenue. The city was incorporated in 1965 and has grown steadily since then, becoming a popular suburb for those who work in Austin but want to enjoy the quieter life it offers.
Politically, Pflugerville leans conservative, though it has become increasingly diverse over recent years as more people move from other parts of Texas or other states to live there. The city council consists of seven members, who are elected at-large for two year terms.
The economy in Pflugerville is largely based on retail trade and manufacturing industries such as electronics manufacturing, food production, plastic injection molding, automotive parts manufacturing, pharmaceuticals production, printing services, medical equipment manufacturing and software development.
The schools in Pflugerville are part of the Pflugerville Independent School District which serves nearly 28 thousand students across 38 campuses ranging from elementary schools to high schools as well as several alternative education programs for students with special needs or academic challenges. There are also several private school options available to residents within the city limits as well as nearby Austin Community College campuses for higher education opportunities.
Pflugerville boasts several notable landmarks including Lake Pflugerville Park which offers over 200 acres of recreational activities such as swimming, fishing and camping; Stone Hill Town Center which features shops and restaurants; Old Town Pfluger which features old-fashioned storefronts reminiscent of small town America; the Hawaiian Falls Waterpark; Blackhawk Golf Course; Gilleland Creek Park; Windermere Park and many more attractions that make it an attractive place to live or visit!
Population: 16,335. Estimated population in July 2020: 27,531 (+68.5% change)
Males: 8,055 (49.3%), Females: 8,280 (50.7%)
Zip codes: 78660.
Median resident age: 31.6 years
Median household income: $71,985
Median house value: $134,900
Races in Pflugerville:
- White Non-Hispanic (67.9%)
- Hispanic (16.7%)
- Black (9.5%)
- Other race (6.0%)
- Two or more races (2.7%)
- Vietnamese (2.1%)
- American Indian (0.6%)
- Asian Indian (0.6%)
- Other Asian (0.6%)
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
Ancestries: German (21.8%), Irish (11.8%), English (10.0%), United States (5.5%), French (4.0%), Italian (3.2%).
Elevation: 704 feet
Land area: 11.3 square miles
Pflugerville, Texas is a small city located in the northern part of Travis County in Central Texas. The city has a population of approximately 60,000 people, making it one of the fastest growing cities in the Austin-Round Rock metropolitan area. The majority of Pflugerville residents are White (64%), followed by Hispanic or Latino (27%), African American (5%), Asian (2%), and Native American (1%). The median household income is $76,000 with an average household size of 3.3 persons. Most households are owner-occupied with over two thirds being single family homes. The median age for Pflugerville is 33 years old and the population skews slightly female with 51% female and 49% male.
The population of Pflugerville has seen significant growth in recent years, largely due to its proximity to Austin and its affordability compared to other areas in the region. This growth has been accompanied by an increase in racial and ethnic diversity as well as an increase in educational attainment among residents. Over half of adults aged 25+ have a bachelor’s degree or higher while nearly one third have some college experience but no degree. In addition to education levels, employment levels remain high among residents with 94% employed or actively looking for work. With a variety of job opportunities available across industries such as technology, healthcare, finance, and more, Pflugerville remains an attractive place to live for many people looking for career and lifestyle opportunities within close proximity to Austin’s downtown offerings.
For population 25 years and over in Pflugerville
- High school or higher: 94.7%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 38.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 10.9%
- Unemployed: 2.4%
- Mean travel time to work: 26.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Pflugerville city
- Never married: 20.6%
- Now married: 66.4%
- Separated: 0.8%
- Widowed: 2.8%
- Divorced: 9.3%
6.4% Foreign born (3.5% Asia, 1.5% Latin America, 0.8% Africa, 0.7% Europe).
Population change in the 1990s: +10,524 (+181.1%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Pflugerville:
- SUMMIT INSTITUTE OF AUSTIN INC (about 7 miles; AUSTIN, TX)
- NORTH AUSTIN MEDICAL CENTER (about 7 miles; AUSTIN, TX)
- ROUND ROCK MEDICAL CENTER (about 9 miles; ROUND ROCK, TX)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Pflugerville:
- AUSTIN-BERGSTROM INTL (about 19 miles; AUSTIN, TX; Abbreviation: AUS)
- KILLEEN MUNI (about 44 miles; KILLEEN, TX; Abbreviation: ILE)
- ROBERT GRAY AAF (about 45 miles; FORT HOOD/KILLEEN, TX; Abbreviation: GRK)
Other public-use airports nearest to Pflugerville:
- BIRD’S NEST (about 6 miles; AUSTIN, TX; Abbreviation: 6R4)
- GEORGETOWN MUNI (about 16 miles; GEORGETOWN, TX; Abbreviation: GTU)
- TAYLOR MUNI (about 16 miles; TAYLOR, TX; Abbreviation: T74)
Amtrak stations near Pflugerville:
- 16 miles: AUSTIN (250 N. LAMAR BLVD.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
- 18 miles: TAYLOR (118 E. 1ST ST.). Services: free short-term parking, free long-term parking.
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Pflugerville:
- AUSTIN COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 10 miles; AUSTIN, TX; Full-time enrollment: 12,819)
- THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT AUSTIN (about 14 miles; AUSTIN, TX; Full-time enrollment: 46,503)
- SAINT EDWARD’S UNIVERSITY (about 17 miles; AUSTIN, TX; Full-time enrollment: 2,870)
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY HARDIN-BAYLOR (about 45 miles; BELTON, TX; Full-time enrollment: 2,257)
- SOUTHWEST TEXAS STATE UNIVERSITY (about 46 miles; SAN MARCOS, TX; Full-time enrollment: 18,822)
- CENTRAL TEXAS COLLEGE (about 46 miles; KILLEEN, TX; Full-time enrollment: 6,777)
- TEMPLE COLLEGE (about 49 miles; TEMPLE, TX; Full-time enrollment: 2,054)
Public high schools in Pflugerville:
- PFLUGERVILLE H S (Students: 2,178; Location: 1301 W PECAN ST; Grades: 09 – 12)
- ALTER LEARNING CTR (Students: 86; Location: 1401-A W PECAN ST; Grades: 09 – 12)
Biggest public primary/middle schools in Pflugerville:
- PARK CREST MIDDLE (Students: 1,088; Location: 1500 N RAILROAD AVE; Grades: 06 – 08)
- PFLUGERVILLE MIDDLE (Students: 1,035; Location: 1600 W SETTLERS VLY DR; Grades: 06 – 08)
- MURCHISON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 792; Location: 2215 KELLY LN; Grades: PK – 05)
- SPRINGHILL EL (Students: 635; Location: 600 S HEATHERWILDE BLVD; Grades: PK – 05)
- WINDERMERE PRI (Students: 624; Location: 1330 GRAND AVE; Grades: PK – 02)
- BROOKHOLLOW EL (Students: 558; Location: 1200 RAILROAD AVE; Grades: PK – 05)
- WINDERMERE EL (Students: 540; Location: 1100 PICCADILLY DR; Grades: 03 – 05)
- PFLUGERVILLE EL (Students: 529; Location: 701 IMMANUEL RD; Grades: PK – 05)
- HENDRICKSON HS (Students: 495; Location: 2905 FM 685; Grades: 09 – 10)
- TIMMERMAN EL (Students: 485; Location: 700 W PECAN ST; Grades: PK – 05)
Private primary/middle school in Pflugerville:
- GUARDIAN ANGEL SCHOOL (Students: 4; Location: 100 EAST WILBARGER ST/POB 602; Grades: 7 – 9)
Library in Pflugerville:
- PFLUGERVILLE COMMUNITY LIBRARY (Operating income: $294,149; Location: 102 10TH ST; 30,970 books; 561 audio materials; 905 video materials; 78 serial subscriptions)